Undergraduate Job Opportunities
- $400/week for a maximum of ten weeks
- Apply online
- Graduate stipends generally range from $20,500 to $25,000/year
- Contact CNMB director Yogesh K. Vohra at email@example.com
- Postdoctoral Scholar in Materials under Extreme Conditions: Department of Physics, Contact: Dr. Yogesh Vohra, Tel: (205) 934-6662
- This is an NSF-supported position available beginning September 1, 2016, with an initial appointment will be for a period of one year with a salary range of $45,000 – $50,000/year
- Based on satisfactory progress in meeting project milestones, this postdoctoral appointment can be extended for a period of up to two additional years. A Ph.D. in physics or a related discipline is preferable with relevant experience in high-pressure research.
- The postdoctoral scholar will be involved in the study of novel metastable phases and transformation kinetic in transition metals and alloys under extreme conditions of pressure and temperatures using the synchrotron x-ray diffraction techniques. The research studies also extend to electrical and magnetic measurements on metals and alloys at high pressures and low-temperatures using designer diamond anvil cell.
See full Postdoctoral Scholar job description here.