Skyler is one of 14 participants in our 2019 Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program.
Pictured here, Skyler is at Argonne National Laboratory in Chicago. While there she conducted x-ray diffraction studies on laser heated sample at high-pressures at Sector 16, Advanced Photon Source.
One of the many advantages of participating in our REU program are opportunities to travel to national labs.
After the program ends there is a window of time that the program will support travel to a conference. The following criteria qualifies participants for travel support:
- Confer with mentor to determine if conference is suitable based on REU project
- Must be invited to present at conference
- Forward a copy of invite to Program Coordinator, Charita H. Cadenhead along with mentor approval
- Participant must submit a write up of their experience at the conference
- Submit all receipts for reimbursement up to $500.