Have you been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and still experiencing chronic fatigue even while on medication? You may be eligible to participate in our new brain imaging research.
Benefits of the study:
- Participants completing the study will receive $150.
- Participants will receive a brain scan that may reveal their brain temperature (and its variations) that may be associated with RA fatigue.
- Participants will contribute toward scientific discoveries of fatigue in RA, which may lead to more effective treatments.
- Participants must be diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and currently be taking medications for it.
- Participants must be 18-65 in age.
- Participants must have no metallic implants or piercings that cannot be removed.
- Participants must be experiencing significant daily fatigue.
- Participants must not be claustrophobic.
- Participants must not be pregnant.
- Participants must be a non-smoker.
- Participants must be able to come to UAB one time for 2 hours for an interview and a brain scan.
There may be other participant requirements not mentioned above.
About the Study:
The purpose of the study is to investigate a method for detecting inflammation in the brain that may be associated with fatigue in RA. This study uses magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to measure brain temperature. MRI is safe, non-invasive, and does not use X-rays or radiation.
Learn more through this video: http://youtu.be/1p6UojKL010
Contact our study director, Joanne Lin email@example.com, if you are interested in participating. You may also call or text 205-530-8004.
If you are interested in participating in any of our other studies, please fill out this screener.